Failed the Health Test – Can you Get a Health Wavier?

There are a number of visas that require a health test. However, their are only certain visas where a person can apply for a waiver when they fail the health test.

How to get a Health Waiver?

You do not actually apply a health waiver. The Department of Home Affairs will send you a letter inviting you or a dependent who has failed to meet the health requirements to submit additional information in support of granting you a health waiver.

The information submitted to the Department will generally include how you will be able to reduce the potential ongoing health care costs to Australia and community services, the submission will also have to include any compassionate and compelling circumstances to why the Department should waive the health test component of the visa.

If you like this page, please like or share it with a friend on Facebook

What are the chances of success?

Health Waiver

A health waiver may only be applied after a Commonwealth approved Doctor has determined that the visa applicant does not meet the health requirements and where the Department is satisfied that the granting of the visa would be unlikely to result in:

  • • undue costs or
  • • further pressure on health care and community services that are in already short supply in Australia. This is referred to as ‘prejudice to access’.

  • If you have tuberculosis or another condition which is considered a threat to public health you are not eligible for a waiver.

    What types of visas can apply for a waiver?

  • Visas that can be considered for a health wavier include:
  • • Partner visas
  • • Child visas
  • • Employer sponsored visas
  • • Refugee and Humanitarian visa

  • Health waivers are not available for Parent and some Business visas. However, there are certain exceptions where a health waiver can be applied for these visas if specific circumstances apply.

  • Exceptions can include:
  • • the primary applicant has applied in Australia as a long term residence applicant or if the primary applicant has applied as a defence service applicant
  • • the applicant holds a particular provisional visa
  • • the applicant holds a visa obtained by Ministerial Intervention such as a substituted 600 or 676

  • How can IST help?

    IST specialises in Australian Visa Services in both Australia and Vietnam. We specialise in handling complex cases including Partner, Parent, Child, and Tourist visas as well as AAT cases including obtaining health and character test waivers for clients with unique issues that most other Migration Agents can not help with. For more information contact our Lawyer and Migration Agent Hanh Ho so she can advise you on the next best step to take.

    We’re not like other Migration Agents. We dare to be different and challenge the stereotypes that exist of large Migration Services. We have a passionate team of experienced Migration Agent who focus on getting you the outcome you need in the most cost effective manner possible.

    IST helps you to obtain a visa by applying for it again. IST examine reasons for previous refusals in order to overcome such difficulties

    IST obtain a tourist visa successfully. Your previous visa refusals do not affect your latter visa application, including Fiance, Partner or Spouse visa applications

    IST chooses the best visa options for you in order to secure a visa for your.

    IST helps you obtain a tourist visa successfully without going on tour, helps reduce the visa service fee and travel cost if going on tours.

    IST assist you with considering whether you should re-apply for a visa or appeal the deision so that the chance of success is high.

    Visa Refused?

    Have you been refused a Tourist or Partner Visa due to using unreliable services or an inadequate visa application? We are here to help you solve the problem.

    (+84) 028 6290 6968

    We provide a personal touch. We will keep you well-informed of the status of your claim and will always be available to answer any questions or queries you may have.

    If you need a Health Waiver or wish to apply to begin your application for an Australian visa, contact our Registered Migration Agent Hanh Ho on +61 04 06 888 639.

    CONSULTATION: Urgent case? Contact IST Migration via Viber, Zalo, or Call (+61) 0406 888 639.         Looking for a Registered Australian Migration Agent? Call our Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent Hanh Ho for: Australian Partner Visas, Australian Tourist Visa applications, Australian Visa Appeals and Waivers Call Australian – (+61) 0406 888 639 or Vietnam – (+84) 028 6290 6968